Sign Up to Receive Our Newsletter
Building Customer Value – A Case Study
December 8th, 2008
In our last post we talked about building customer value and said we would provide some examples. We have just moved into our beautiful new home in Montrose, Colorado, which was built for us by Ultimate Design Construction, Inc. We’ve never gone through the process of building a custom home before so we were excited and a little apprehensive at the same time.
We were there throughout the project and were able to make decisions and choices as the project progressed. We got our Certificate of Occupancy five months to the day from when we broke ground. Obviously, that alone speaks highly of our contractors, Paul Sinner and Mitch Ryan and their crews. Nikki Sinner is the office manager who is instrumental in overseeing all of the daily responsibilities of the business. They had everything, and, everyone lined up and ready to go from day one. Paul or Mitch were on site everyday overseeing every step of the project. If something wasn’t right they made it right.
• As an example, there was some cedar that was delivered that they found to be inferior. They refused to use it and had the cedar supplier make it right.
The subcontractors they used were highly skilled.
• The stone mason seemed to work magic with the placement of the stone (and we have a lot of stone!)
• The painters did an outstanding job of painting and staining. If we decide to repaint a room in the future they will be the first ones we call.
• Architectural Interiors from Olathe, CO designed our alder front door and mantle which are show stoppers! They have since built a beautiful walnut table desk for the study.
• Superior Alarm did the alarm and sound system. When we had trouble figuring out the system – they would promptly send out a technician.
• A euro style shower door had to be adjusted. The installer, Colorado Glass and Shower, came out the same day we called and took care of the issue.
• We woke up one morning to no heat or hot water. We called Paul, and, he and Mitch were there within 30 minutes along with the plumber. We were back in business in no time!
• Best Appliance is the local company we used to buy all of our appliances. They did a fantastic job of accommodating us when we had a problem with the dishwasher and microwave.
• Last, but not least, U.S. Bank did a fantastic job providing the financing. They were there for us, especially our loan officer Lance Michaels; he got the job done. Their service and support was the best I have ever received from any bank.
We could go on and on……. from the interior alder cabinets and doors to the white oak floors and everything in between. But you can see what we are saying about “building customer value.”
Once the construction began we became less apprehensive, enjoyed the process and truly are satisfied customers who will definitely recommend Ultimate Design Construction Inc.
The term “downsizing” wasn’t in our vocabulary. So we are now enjoying our beautiful Colorado home on a lovely golf course in the Uncompaghre Valley with views of the San Juan Mountain Range, the Cimarron’s, the Uncompaghre Plateau and the Grand Mesa.
We usually don’t provide all these details but this was the best way to demonstrate how you “build customer value” and thank the people who made our dream become a reality.